Author's Notes: This simple combination of onions in chicken stock with heavy cream is about as no fuss as you can get. The cream reduces into a luscious, velvety sauce, and all it takes to season is a little salt and pepper. To make it really easy, we use frozen pearl onions, so if you can open a package, you can make this lovely dish!
Creamed Onions Print Recipe
- 1 14oz. Bag of Frozen Birds Eye White Pearl Onions
- 1 16oz. Container of Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Tsp. of Thyme, Plus a Few Sprigs for Garnish
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Defrost the pearl onions and place in a 10” fry pan along with the chicken stock. Cook over medium heat until the onions are fully defrosted.
- When the broth has cooked off, add the heavy cream to the pan. Bring to a low simmer. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the cream has thickened into the sauce of desired consistency. Taste and reseason as necessary.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of thyme and enjoy!