Coconut Lime Macaroons
Author's Notes: The addition of butter in these macaroons results in a chewy, custardy center, and give the cookies a more savory flavor. The fresh lime zest gives them a tropical vibe, making them perfect for spring. Adapted from Rustic Joyful Food.
Coconut Lime Macaroons Print Recipe
Makes about 60 cookies
- 1 17.5 oz package sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the lined sheet trays. Bake for about 14 minutes until the tops and edges of the cookies are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.