Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Rosemary Parmesan Cream Sauce
Author's Notes: Tender pillows of sweet potato gnocchi sautéed in a rosemary parmesan cream sauce. (Adapted from Half Baked Harvest).
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Rosemary Parmesan Cream Sauce Print Recipe
Serves 6 • Ready in 1hr 30min
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 4 Tbs. LeRoux Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan
- Pinch Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes and bake for 45 minutes or until soft and tender. When the sweet potatoes are cooked, slice them in half, allow to cool, and finely mash them.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, ricotta, egg, salt, and flour. Stir the mixture until well combined. If the dough seems wet, add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it can be formed into a ball. The dough should be sticky.
- Generously flour a clean counter and scrape the dough out onto the counter. Cut the dough into four equal pieces. Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll the dough into a rope about 1 inch thick and cut into bite-size pieces. Repeat this process with the other pieces of dough and place the gnocchi on a baking sheet that has been dusted with flour.
- Heat the Butter Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until it begins to brown. Stir in the rosemary parmesan, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt and pepper, then slowly pour in the cream. Simmer the sauce for 3-5 minutes, whisking until smooth. Keep warm over low heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the gnocchi until they float to the top and are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the gnocchi using a slotted spoon and drop it right into the sauce, gently tossing to combine.
- Divide the gnocchi among bowls and top with rosemary and parmesan.
Looking for more delicious recipes?