Cheesy Mini Hasselback Potato Au Gratin
Author's Notes: Served in a Ballarini mini sauté pan, these cheesy mini Hasselback potatoes make for an elegant side dish or starter. (Adapted from Half Baked Harvest).
Cheesy Mini Hasselback Potato Au Gratin Print Recipe
Serves 4 • Ready in 1hr 15min
- 2.5 lbs. Baby Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. LeRoux Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup Grated Manchego Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Carefully slice the potatoes into thin slices, leaving a 1/8 inch at the bottom, be careful not to slice all the way through the potato. Place in a mini sauté pan and gently toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cream, garlic, cheese, thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and pour the contents of the medium bowl over them, arrange the potatoes in a mostly even layer. Place the slices of butter around the potatoes. Return to the oven and roast for another 20-25 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the potatoes are tender. Season with flaky salt just before serving.
Looking for more delicious recipes?