Cider-Braised Pork Chops with Apples
Author's Notes: Braising spice-coated pork chops in cider enhances the autumnal flavors of this dish. We like to use Hopped Cidah from Urban Farm Fermentory which packs a healthy amount of citrus notes. (Recipe adapted from Blythe's Blog).
Cider-Braised Pork Chops with Apples Print Recipe
Serves 6 • Ready in 35min
- 1 Tsp. Gryffon Ridge Dried Oregano**
- 1/2 Tsp. Gryffon Ridge Smoked Sweet Paprika Powder**
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 Thin Boneless Center-Cut Pork Loin Chops
- 4 Tsp. LeRoux Cobrancosa Unflavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil**
- 1 Yellow Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider (We suggest Hopped Cidah from Urban Farm Fermentory)**
- 2 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar**
- 1 Fuji Apple, peeled, halved, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth**
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
- In a small bowl, stir together the oregano, paprika, and salt and pepper. Coat the pork chop evenly on both sides with the spice mixture. Set the meat on a plate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a Staub 3.5qt Braiser, warm 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and return it to medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Turn and brown on the second side, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to the plate holding the onion.
- Place the braiser over medium heat and pour in the Hopped Cidah and vinegar. Stir to scrape up any browned bits on thebraiser bottom. Return the pork and onion to the braiser and arrange the apple wedges and chopped rosemary on top of the pork. Pour in the broth, cover and simmer until the chops are opaque throughout, about 10 minutes, reducing the heat if the liquid begins to boil.
- Transfer the chops, apple wedges and onion to a platter. Pour the milk into the braiser, raise the heat to high, and boil until the liquid is reduced by one-third, about 5 minutes. Pour the sauce over the chops and serve. ** Available at LeRoux Kitchen