Harbor Fish Market’s Whole Roasted Fish
Author's Notes: This is an easy but impressive dish from the Harbor Fish Cookbook. You can order the whole snapper from Harbor Fish Market, and have them clean and scale it for you.
Harbor Fish Market’s Whole Roasted Fish Print Recipe
Serves 4 • Ready in 20min
- 1 Whole Fish, red snapper
- 2 Tbs. LeRoux Olive Oil**
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to Taste**
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Rub the cleaned whole fish and baking sheet or dish you are using with the olive oil.
- Place the lemon slices and rosemary into the fish cavity and salt and pepper the entire fish along with the cavity. Place the fish in the hot oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Test for doneness by lifting the flesh up from the bones by the dorsal fin. If the meat is opaque and not translucent, then it is ready to serve.
- With a wide spatula, lift the entire fish off the pan onto a place and serve as is. If you prefer, peel the skin off the upper side. Lift the meat off the bones with a cake spatula and put on a plate. Remove the center bones and heel by lifting and discarding. Lift the bottom fillet onto the plate as well. Enjoy, (but keep an eye out for bones!)