Sheetpan Spaghetti & Meatballs
Author's Notes: An entirely hands-off dinner of spaghetti and meatballs adapted from America's Test Kitchen.
Sheetpan Spaghetti & Meatballs Print Recipe
Serves 8 • Ready in 1hr 15min
- 1 Tbsp. LeRoux Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 oz. – 16 oz. (1 box) of spaghetti
- 1 32 oz. Jar of Valicenti Red Gravy Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup Water, plus extra hot water as needed.
- 1 lb. 90% Lean Ground Beef
- ¾ Cup Seasoned Panko Crumbs
- 1/3 Cup Prepared Basil Pesto
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt**
- ½ Tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper**
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Basil
- Grated Romano Cheese
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 475˚F. In a large, oven-proof baking dish, add 1 Tbs. LeRoux Garlic Olive Oil, and using a paper towel, spread it around bottom and sides of baking dish. Spread the dried pasta, then add Red Gravy over the pasta, then the cup of water. Using a wooden spoon or tongs, gently mix the water with the sauce and pasta.
- For the meatballs, combine the ground beef, panko crumbs, pesto, salt & pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Use your (clean) hands to mix the ingredients, but do not overwork or you will get tough meatballs. Take a bit of the mixture and roll in your hands to form 1 ½” meatballs, placing the meatballs on the pasta. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and stir pasta thoroughly, making sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the dish. Check the pasta for doneness, and add some extra hot water if needed. (Be sure the water is hot, do not add cold water as it will crack the dish.) Return the uncovered dish to the oven and bake until pasta is tender, approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, toss to coat all of the pasta and meatballs with sauce. Let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with basil and serve with grated Romano cheese.