Rainbow Summer Salad
Author's Notes: Sometimes the best things we make are the simplest. This nutrient-dense, super fresh salad is made almost entirely from the contents of our CSA share, and bulked up a bit with the addition of fresh shrimp. We love using a drizzle of two of our favorite olive oils and vinegar to bring it together.
Rainbow Summer Salad Print Recipe
Serves 2 as a dinner salad, 4 as a side.
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced thick
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 lb of shrimp, cooked and deveined
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1 Tbsp LeRoux 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tsp LeRoux Lemon Olive Oil
- salt & pepper
- There are two options for putting this salad together. One option is to toss the chard and spinach with the oil and vinegar, and arrange the greens on a platter, topped with all of the chopped veggies, shrimp and feta. Finish with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- The second option is to make a chopped salad. On a flexible cutting board or in a large, shallow metal bowl, add all ingredients except for the shrimp, and chop roughly until ingredients are roughly the same size and well-mixed. Toss in the shrimp and plate.